Saturday, September 3, 2011

Time?

Really, how do folks fit it all in?  This month is worse than most (any, ever) for me in terms of work commitments and I'm currently wearing my hair shirt o' guilt over the following things:

-I don't have the children in swimming lessons, and am not in fact taking them swimming enough that I am actually teaching them myself, as I had planned.
-the children are also not in dance classes, or music (except the preschool's once weekly music classes).
-they don't own bikes, or balance push bikes and so don't know how to ride them.

The internet (fast source of anxiety-provoking mis-information) proliferates with information about everything being better if you teach it to your kids between the ages of 0 and 3, or 0 and 6.  Clara will be 5 in a few months, and Winton will be 3.  My god?  Is the window of opportunity skills-wise disappearing?? (Surely not, right?)

Husband has been off with the offspring for the last two days while their school is closed. I have been at work.  This is a long weekend: Monday is a holiday.  I will splurge by taking Saturday (today) and Sunday off despite the niggling niggling niggling of all the paper piled on my desk.

Here, to cheer-up an unfunny post:

Winton, seeing a lawn mower: "Look, Mummy!  A lawn-blower."

Clara: "When I grow up, I'm going to have a baby just so I can let it watch Ponyo every day."

Clara: "My favorite thing in the whole world are buffloes!"
Me: "Oh.  What do you like about them?"
Clara: "Jerky."

No comments:

Post a Comment