Friday, September 16, 2011

I miss my kids

I'm at work, half an hour earlier than absolutely necessary.  This is because yesterday Winton's teacher looked at me askance when we rolled in at 9.45, having missed his 9.15-9.45 gymn session entirely (Clara's class has the same gymn teacher, but later in the morning).  I busted my arse to get them in by 9.15 this morning so that he wouldn't miss music.  BUT.  No sign of the music teacher, and indeed no evidence that there will be music at all today.  All this means is that I've missed out on half an hour of time with my children.

This summer (diligent book writing) and this September (meeting bookdeadline, being department chair, teaching extra classes in the theater department) have been exhausting, but worst of all is that I miss my children.  Really.  Terribly.  Grievously.  It can't go on like this.  It shouldn't be like this in the first place. 

It's nice that I am now nearer the end of the month than the beginning, but I am still much closer to the middle than the end.  I miss my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment