Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday Afternoon

I'm at work.  Mine is the ONLY car in the parking lot.  Husband is home watching football (I assume) with the friend of his who is visiting from New Mexico.  The kids, after a vigorous morning, are, hopefully, sleeping.

I can't begin to tell you how glad I will be when I can take both weekend days off again . . .

Anyway.  That wasn't the point I had in mind when I sat down to use a post here as my opening ceremony prelude to learning how to superscript numbers and then re-enter my footnotes, as per my publisher's request.

No no!  I had actually meant to ask you all about the meaning of a strange thing I saw this morning when out walking the dog and children. Our neighborhood is already pretty exciting (drug busts, murders and muggings oh my!), but today we went to look over the fence at the yard of the house which keeps chickens.  The chickens are a big thrill: brown, large and oddly silent in their small coop, the door of which is held shut by a naked Barbie.  The yard beyond the coop features the naked, upside-down lower half of a mannekin.  Today's visit/ peeping tom-ing was cut short by my desire that the children NOT see the item clothes-pinned to the wire fence: a cleanly gutted kitten, head and tail still attached.  WTF?

2 comments:

  1. Uh. I think you should probably take that as a sign to MOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would that we could. Stupid collapsed housing market!! Oh well.

    ReplyDelete