Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Weepies

At Clara's school's Mother's Day Luncheon yesterday I was presented with a pink, glitter-encrusted flower pot in which a faux flower had been planted: at the flower's center?  A picture of Clara.  Clara's close friend Ingrid went to present her mother with a similar pot, tripped and fell, shattering the piece.  Oh the tears!

And, unexpectedly, I found myself all weepy too.  Was it the glitter-pot with Clara's face as flower?  Was it Ingrid's tragedy?  I'm seldom weepy so either way it was a surprise.

And later in the day yesterday was the English Department year-end picnic at which it was announced that I will be chair starting in the fall.

No weepies, but I did have to come home and drink a large bottle of stout afterwards . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment