Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Momosyllabic's Top Free/ Cheap School Wish List

1) Out of zone acceptance at Roland Park Elementary.
2) Tunbridge Charter School.
3) Baltimore International Academy. (Helloooo?  Please return Husband's calls regarding whether or not you got our application which he, perhaps over-optimistically, sent an an e-attachment.)
4) The Green School (which I haven't toured yet, but they grow plants--no not those kinds of plants.  How bad could it be?)
5) The Arts and Imagination Sudbury School (who would rank MUCH higher if they had just a smidge of science or math and perhaps a few fewer computer games).
6) The Wilkes School (if grandma pays and everyone reminds me repeatedly that priests aren't necessarily pedophiles; it just seems that way if you read the papers).


Number 1 is only if there's space in the school district (a bit like playing the lottery)
Numbers 2-4 are actually by lottery.

C'mon universe.  Give us the school equivalents of snake eyes . . .

2 comments:

  1. What about The Greenmount School and/or City Neighbors? I think the latter is my top pic (with the caveat being that I haven't actually seen it.

    By the way, if you want to add more out-of-zone public options to your list, there's a tour of Barclay happening tomorrow at 1:30. (I'm not going to be able to make it.)

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I think I have it all worked out . . . more tours! I should go to Barclay, but am slammed at work. City Neighbors! Right. That is another one I should look into, and haven't yet. I've heard that space is going to be tight at the GM school, and I can't pony up the level of parental commitment they want, so I am not going to apply there for Clara.

    ReplyDelete