Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mea Ex-culpa, please

Hello, Blog.  Please make me feel better about the many small misjudgements that cumulatively make me feel like a worthless bag of sh*t. 

This morning, for instance, which involved the usual protracted herding of children upstairs (bathroom/ diaper change) and then back downstairs for a vigorous round of "quit hitting each other and put your coats on" while I marshalled lunches etc..

Following: overlapping demands in the car.  Winton [while cranking open window with his foot]: "Mummy, Look! Mummy, Look!"  and Clara [Yelling ]  "Clara Musica!  I want CLARA Musica!" all while I'm trying to do a u-turn in the middle of a busy street in rush hour traffic.

And then,  arrival at Clara's preschool just at the moment they are making the transition from the early care room (in one building) to the carriage house (a separate building).  Trying to hand Clara off to a teacher outside results in: her clinging to my ankle (in the wet mulch) and crying vehemently, Winton (freed from my attention) stealing a cardboard paper towel spool from the teacher's bag and letting it blow into the parking lot (so depriving someone of a good art project later today), and the teacher groaning "Oh, god.  And today I have a pinched nerve in my neck."  Whoo.

Well, and I'm off to teach now.  I expect small, cumulative problems there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment