Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Sandwiched, Sandsquished

1) Never title a post "one of THOSE weeks" (as I did my last post) because it invites the fates to throw more at you, vengefully, spitefully. I imagine the Roman gods (Neptune, for instance, in an especially petty mood) and the Bacchae (who will rip one to shreds) combined here.

2) My 85 year old father went to hospital in Vancouver and, because he is my mother's primary caregiver, and because their a) extremely helpful or b) somewhat intrusive neighbor thought it was a good idea, she went too.

3) I flew out for a week, taking emergency time off work.  The whole week I was not with my children (gah!) and then I left, even though my parents are both still in hospital and both still really need help and should really (really) be convinced they need to move to assisted living but I was unable to convince them (gah!).  Sandwiched and squished!

4) Evidence re: the wisdom of assisted living:
Mother: "Oh, but I see my Dr. on the 33rd!"
Father: "Just reach through the wall, Knut.  The dry cat food is right there."
Father [from hospital bed]: "I think the neighbor's dog was just here looking for your mother."


No comments:

Post a Comment